Do you seek relief from insomnia, tension headaches, neck or back pain? Are you sore from your recent workout or sitting at your desk too long? Does it feel like you need to flush toxins or refresh your energy? Learn below about the health benefits of regular bodywork from a Certified Massage Therapist.
Laura McKenna is a graduate of the Monterey Institute of Touch in Carmel Valley, California. She specializes in THERAPEUTIC & SUBTLE BODYWORK using Swedish, Shiatsu, and Muscle Energy Techniques, along with Reflexology, Energy Clearing / Polarity, and Sports Massage protocols.
For both hygienic purposes and long-term epidermal and cream integration and effectiveness, please arrive freshly showered, and approximately 5 minutes prior to your scheduled session.
Schedule your appointment below by clicking the title to experience WELL deserved rejuvenation or relaxation.
$130 / 60 minutes
Bodywork using natural plant extracts, such as essential oils, cremes, and carrier oils, to promote and harmonize emotional, physical and spiritual health. Aromatherapy is an art and a science, combining knowledge of the scientific aspects of the plants and oils with the art of producing a beneficial blend to be applied topically or via inhalation. For health and hygiene reasons, and to promote deep healing mineral infusion beneath the epithelial layer, please arrive freshly showered.
$120 / 60 minutes
Swedish (Classic) protocol, varying from light to vigorous, with general or specific focus on pain areas, employing five basic strokes: effleurage (sliding or gliding), petrissage (kneading), tapotement (rhythmic tapping), friction (cross fiber or with the fibers) and vibration/shaking. Can reduce chronic pain, fatigue, joint stiffness, and improve function in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee. May also include Reflexology. For health and hygiene reasons, and to promote deep healing mineral infusion beneath the epithelial layer, please arrive freshly showered.
$75 / 30 minutes
A form of alternative therapy, Canine Massage may include relaxation, increased oxygenation, relief from pain, improved joint flexibility, as well as miscellaneous benefits to the immune system. It uses touch to maintain or improve both physical and emotional well-being. Techniques may include Swedish Massage, Myofascial Release, Positional Release, Reflexology, various Osteopathic techniques, or Acupressure, to name a few.
For hygienic reasons, their comfort, and to promote deep healing infusion of any minerals used in your pet’s treatment, please bring your pet with no contagious issues, having been pottied, freshly brushed and with clean paws.
$105 / 45 minutes
Addresses inflammation, pain and numbness by softening and lengthening the muscles and fascia of the neck, shoulder, upper arm, elbow, lower arm, wrist and hand. May include work with the pectoral and subscapularis muscles to release the medial rotation of the shoulder.
For health and hygiene reasons, and to promote deep healing mineral infusion beneath the epithelial layer, please arrive freshly showered.
$170 / 90 minutes
Energy Clearing protocols may include Reiki, blessings, shamanic alignment work, to name a few. Bodywork is Swedish in nature and can address trigger points. For health and hygiene reasons, to both promote deep healing mineral infusion beneath the epithelial layer and begin your energetic clearing process, please arrive freshly showered.
$120 / 60 minutes
Shiatzu is a beautiful, slow touch protocol through applying pressure to specific points on the body, moving from one point to another in a rhythmic sequence. This session surprisingly connects you to your Inner Calm. For health and hygiene reasons, and to promote deep healing mineral infusion beneath the epithelial layer, please arrive freshly showered. (Session is also successful with client fully clothed.)
Benefits of Therapeutic Massage
- Dilates blood vessels, improving circulation and relieving congestion.
- Increases number of red blood cells, especially in cases of anemia.
- Acts as a “mechanical cleanser”, stimulating lymph and hastening elimination of wastes and toxic debris.
- Relaxes muscle spasms and relieves tension.
- Increases blood supply and nutrition to muscles without adding to their load of toxic lactic acid, which is produced through voluntary muscle contraction.
- Helps overcome harmful “fatigue” products – or Ama — resulting from strenuous exercise or injury.
- Improves muscle tone and helps prevent or delay muscular atrophy resulting from forced inactivity.
- Can compensate, at least in part, for lack of exercise and muscular contraction in people who, due to illness, injury or age, are forced to remain inactive. In these cases, massage helps return venous blood to heart and so eases strain on this vital organ.
- May have a sedative or stimulating effect on nervous system, depending on type and length of massage given.
- Improves general circulation and nutrition of all tissues, accompanying or followed by increased interchange of substances between blood and tissue cells, thereby heightening tissue metabolism.
- Increases excretion (via the kidneys) of fluids and nitrogen, inorganic phosphorous, and salts in normal individuals.
- Encourages retention of Nitrogen, Phosphorous and Sulphur, necessary for tissue repair in people convalescing from bone fractures.
- Stretches connective tissue, improving its circulation and nutrition, and so breaks down or prevents the formation of adhesions, reducing the danger of fibrosis.
- Disperses edema following injury to ligaments and tendons, lessening pain and facilitating movement.
- Improves digestion and elimination.
- Tones and relaxes the body and facial muscles, which make for a more youthful appearance.
- Stimulates nerves and all reflex points throughout the body.
- Helps prevent muscular stiffness following exercise.
- Calms the mind.
- Promotes emotional balance and a sense of well-being.
- Can be emotionally, physically, and spiritually nurturing.
- Sets up conditions for body to heal itself.
Happy Clients are saying…
Laura encompasses all that is needed for an excellent massage. Her spirit, ease and approach allow me to let down my boundaries and make it safe to be vulnerable. Every massage is better than the last. Can’t wait until my next one!
Laura’s openness and communication plus reflexology at the beginning really helped me “settle in” and relax. And ending with it was great! She adjusted her techniques when requested. Loved the shoulder and neck soothing on my sore parts. I felt like I received an extra long massage! Excellent. Thank you, Laura!
You made me feel so very welcome and honored. I felt like I was being nurtured and healed. Thank you so much! I can’t wait to come back!
Laura took time to get to know me, then let me feel included on the table via my deep healing breaths. The pressure points and shiatsu – amazing! Every technique was awesome. She spoke softly and had a nice heated table that was very comfy.
Laura is very knowledgeable and has a calming personality. She provided relaxing music, good aromas, and explained professionally what she would be doing. She is very thorough during the intake and the session. Laura did an excellent job!
Laura is present, kind, comforting. She is a wonderful healer and has an amazing presence about her.
It was pretty amazing. I liked the entry into the session. Laura helped me mentally be there, made a note that this is where I needed to be. I didn’t need to be anywhere else. Really relaxed me and set me up for a successful calm massage. Loved the “bouncing” to encourage relaxation without words. And leaning into my hip and lower back, she educated as she did a few stretches. Really showed she knew the body and ways to help me.
Laura is very in tune with each area she is working on. I felt both relaxed and a release of pain points. Laura is such a gifted therapist. I love how I feel when we are done, and always look forward to seeing her again!